Sunday, March 8, 2009

How To Twitter

A nice little story in the WSJ today about how to twitter. I must say I'm a believer, much more than any other internet phenomenon of past years like Youtube, Facebook and the such. The reason? Well the article spells it out:

But I have to admit I didn't understand the appeal of Twitter when I joined, at the prodding of friends, in November. One answer that explains its popularity: It's not about chatting with your friends -- it's about promoting yourself.

Sure it's narcissistic as hell. But there are few things at good marketing than twitter. Twitter provides an easy way to promote whatever it is you do, whether it's music, write, design websites or anything else. Unlike Facebook, which is mostly to maintain acquaintances, twitter has real value. And it's free.

No comments: