Wednesday, December 3, 2008

David Gregory to host "Meet The Press?"

I'm obviously a news junkie. I always have been to some extent, but it was focused on different pockets of news whether it was sports or California politics. But nowadays, I relentlessly follow everything I possibly can about what is going on in the world.

One of my favorite news programs is "Meet The Press," which I started to watch addictively every Sunday during the primary season. I loved how Tim Russert grilled the shit out anyone who came on the show, and how the guest would sit their and squirm as they searched for an answer.

After Russert's death, I was saddened, but was glad to see Tom Brokaw hosting the show. (Few journalists have as much street cred at Tom Brokaw). Brokaw proved to be an adequate host, but never quite filling Russert's shoes.

Today, however, it was announced that NBC was filling the "Meet The Press" anchor with David Gregory. Don't get me wrong, he seems like a nice guy. But have you ever watched his show on MSNBC? Dude is boring. Really boring. Rachel Maddow would have been a great pick. But NBC went with the same choice. Too bad...

No comments: