Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Top 10 Worst Predictions of 2008

I am not one to harp on bad predictions because predictions are inevitably perilous entities. The present moment is always in flux, which makes predicting the future downright hard. But I saw this article on the 10 worst predictions of 2008, and I had to laugh. Why you ask? Well here's the worst prediction of 2008 by every one's favorite conservative, Fox News Commentator and New York Times columnist, Bill Kristol:

“If [Hillary Clinton] gets a race against John Edwards and Barack Obama, she’s going to be the nominee. Gore is the only threat to her, then. … Barack Obama is not going to beat Hillary Clinton in a single Democratic primary. I’ll predict that right now.” —William Kristol, Fox News Sunday, Dec. 17, 2006

You know why I laugh? Well one, it comes from a very smart but arrogant ass, who wanted to invade Iraq the dasy after 9/11 and predicted that it would go just fine. And two, this dude with a PhD from Harvard and who runs his own magazine was out predicted by yours truly. I hate to say I told you so, but I predicted the rise of Barack Obama right after his 2004 speech. I wasn't sure he'd be president in 2008, but I told everyone I knew that he would be president some day. And when he entered the race, I knew if he could just win Iowa, it would be very, very hard to stop him.

If someone who can be so wrong so often runs his own magazine and writes for the New York Times, maybe I should get a fucking shot too.

No comments: